Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a variation of the original taco pie recipe that I have been using for years It's yummy and so easy. I cut out some of the fat by using ground turkey and skim milk Notes: Kitchen Staff Tip: If you prefer to make your own "Bisquick" from scratch, simply combine 4 cups All-purpose Flour, 3/4 cups Non-fat Dry Milk, 1/8 cup Baking Powder, 1/2 Tbs. Salt, and 1 cup Shortening in a very large bowl. Cut in shortening until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Store in a tightly sealed container in a cool place. Makes about 5 cups.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup baking mix, Bisquick
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 400-F degrees and lightly grease a pie tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and onion until well cooked, and drain off any excess fat. Stir in the taco seasoning mix and spread the mixture out on the pie tin. Sprinkle the top of the beef with the chopped green chilies.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the milk, eggs, and baking mix with a whisk until well blended. Pour the mixture over the top of the meat and chilies. Sprinkle tomato and cheese over the top and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes to set before slicing and serving.