Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For everyone who loves those famous Oreo cookies, here's a recipe that is quite similar :)
Top Review by Lila-Rose
Made these several times now. Kids love them. Easy to make. I roll out mixture on a floured surface and cut out with a cookie cutter. I've found that works better for me. Thanks for posting. x
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Crisco shortening
- 3 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening (NOT butter or margarine, use only plain shortening)
- 3 tablespoons hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- set oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend all cookie wafer ingredients; knead with your hands until it is pliable like dough.
- Form dough into 3-inch balls, Place on a greased cooke sheet 1/2-inch apart.
- Press down the cookies with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 4-6 minutes, or until cookies are crunchy.
- Note: another way to do this, is shape dough into long rolls; refrigerate 2-3 hours, remove from fridge, and slice the dough 1/8-inch thick, then bake.
- Let cookies cool on sheets.
- FOR FILLING: Combine all filling ingredients; mix well.
- Form into balls about 1/2- 3/4-inch in diameter.
- Again, using your hands, sandwich one filling in the center of two cookies, and carefully press down until the filling spreads almost to the edge.