Recipe by cook from scratch
Received from another Feingold Mom (www.feingold.org) these bars fit the bill for good, clean eating! Make sure to use acceptable ingredients if following Feingold. The flavor combinations are endless!
Top Review by joanna_giselle
This was very nice and a good recipe for tweaking. I added half brown and half white sugar as I didn't have enough brown sugar. I also added a tablespoon of flaxseeds to make them more healthy and a mixture of jams which I had leftover in the fridge including some chunky homemade fig jam. It worked beautifully and was really yummy. This really needs to cool down in the pan before slicing to prevent it crumbling. I didn't dare try when it was still warm but waited until it had cooled down completely. I also greased the pan with butter before patting down the mixture which may have helped it come out so easily. All in all, an easy tasty recipe, thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup of your favorite jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all of the above ingredients except the jam into a crumbled texture.
- Divide in two portions. Pat half into an 8 x 8 pan.
- Top with your choice of jam or jelly.
- Crumble the remaining dough over jam evenly.
- Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes until light brown.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.