1/4 Photos of Almost Nutra Grain Bars
These are great to take to work, kids lunch boxes, for a potluck or a bake sale, you can slice them and stick them in the freezer then wrap tightly in foil, put a frozen wrapped bar into your kid's lunchboxes, they will thaw out by noon, they are just as good if not better than the store-bought! ---This also works well using blueberry or other flavors of jams, for easy spreading heat the jam in the microwave until softened :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (use only quick-cooking)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (use 3/4 cup for a sweeter crust and topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (can use vegetable oil)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups strawberry preserves (can use a little more, or use your favorite preserves) or 2 cups raspberry preserves (can use a little more, or use your favorite preserves)
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees (oven rack to second-bottom position).
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl combine cake mix, oatmeal, cinnamon and brown sugar; mix with a spatula or a large wooden spoon.
- 4In a small cup whisk egg with lemon juice and vanilla until combined; add to the crumb mixture along with 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- 5Using a large wooden spoon toss to combine then use your fingers to finish the mixing.
- 6Mix until the mixture clumps together.
- 7Sprinkle a litle more than half of the crumb mixture into the pan then spread out evenly pressing firmly to cover bottom.
- 8Spoon the jam carefully over the crust in the pan and spread evenly.
- 9Cover with remaining crumb mixture over top of the jam then gently pat the mixture down slightly.
- 10Bake for 20 minutes (the top should be very light brown).
- 11Cool completely, or semi-freeze before cutting into bars (this will make cutting the bars easier).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost Nutra Grain Bars
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 267.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g