Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with tin foil; generously spray with veggie cooking spray,.
- Scrub potatoes and cut each in half; place on cookie sheet skin side up; spray well with veggie spray.
- Sprinkle with salt, if using, pepper, and Italian seasoning; drop one drop of Tabasco sauce on each half potato, spray again with veggie spray ; turn potatoes over so the cut side is up and repeat.
- Place on middle oven rack and roast for 30 minutes; remove from oven and turn potatoes over so the cut side is down; return to oven and roast a further 15 minutes until the cut side is nice and brown and the potatoes are cooked through.
We really enjoyed these potatoes! Red potatoes are the only kind we eat, and dh had a bumper crop this year. Easy to make, and very good! No changes needed.
These were good. I really like that they are almost no fat. The flavor was also really good. I did have to cook mine a bit longer but I ran out of tiny reds and had to use regular sized and some were bigger cut than others. Thanks so much for sharing. Prepared for PAC Fall/2008.