Recipe by sconehead
I came up with this recipe one rainy Saturday morning when everyone wanted cinnamon rolls but I didn't want to take the time for "regular" ones. I had purchased a ball of pizza dough at the store so I used that as my dough for the rolls. Worked out GREAT!! This will probably be our Christmas breakfast.....easy and YUMMY!!! I am a "dump cook" so I approximate with measurement. :-) My kids LOVED these!! Would be good with chopped walnuts, but my kids won't eat those very often. I have to call them "super food" to get them to eat ...but only occasionally. :-)
- 1 lb ball purchased pizza dough
- 1 (4 ounce) container unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup of prepared pumpkin butter
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 scoops flax seeds
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out dough to approximately 12 X 16.
- Spread with pumpkin butter, then applesauce.
- Sprinkle with flax seed, then with dried cranberries.
- Roll up as with regular cinnamon rolls (will be a little messy because of the applesauce)
- Slice into 12 slices and place in a round pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes. Take out of oven and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together powdered sugar, pumpkin butter & orange juice in a bowl. Drizzle or spread over rolls. It will seem like there is too much, but let it sit for a few minutes and soak into the rolls.
- Serve warm.