Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Banana bread that is really moist & tasty with virtually no fat & low cal to boot. Add nuts or raisins to recipe for a nice twist too.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 bananas, the riper the better
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 8x4 inch loaf pans or 24 muffin tins.
- 2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and cinnamon.
- 3. In another bowl mix egg, bananas, vanilla and applesauce.
- 4. Mix wet & dry ingredients together. Stir until just combined.
- 5. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 6. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes for loafs or 30 minutes for muffins, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool before slicing/serving.