Recipe by Elaine
Another recipe I got from a message board I belong to. The person who posted it said that this bread is surprising moist and has a wonderful flavor. For a little variation, you can add nuts or raisins.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add egg whites, bananas and applesauce; stir just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool before slicing.