Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is so old, it is on crumbly yellow newspaper. I know it by heart but decided to post it for later. Tastes almost like a Napolean, but you don't have to prepare the puff pastry
- 16 low-sodium Club crackers
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 (6 ounce) packagecook and serve vanilla pudding mix, prepared with
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (instead of 2 cups)
- Fill a 13 x 9 pan with 1/2 inch water.
- layer 4 crackers in a single layer in water Allow to soak briefly.
- (Have extra cracker on hand. The cracker must be wet but not fall apart).
- Lift the wet crackers onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Leave about 1 inch between them.
- (they swell).
- Bake in preheated oven set@ 500 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Using a gentle push-scrape motion place a spatula under a cracke.
- If it is still soft leave in oven set@ 450 degrees for 5 more minutes.
- Watch carefully so they don't become too dark or too brittle.
- When cracker are dray and golden and can be lifted in one piece, they are done.
- Lift carefully onto cooling racks.
- When cool place 4 crackers on serving plate.
- Spread generously with pdding.
- Cover with crackers and pudding ending with a cracker.
- Frosting: Mix 1/4 cup confectioners sugar with water until thick glaze consistency.
- Spread over crackers and allow to harden.
- Mix 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, cocoa and water until thick glaze consistency.
- Drizzle over hardened vanilla frosting in zig zag pattern.
- Chill and serve.