1/1 Photo of Almost Martha’s Pumpkin Pancakes (Milk-Free)
Dairy-Free Foodie's Note:
I adapted this recipe from one created by Martha Stewart. Too keep them fluffy, go with the lesser amount of pumpkin (which just offers a hint of pumpkin flavor) and use all-purpose flour. But if you like them more pumpkin-y or prefer a dense pancake, feel free to increase the pumpkin and / or go with a heartier flour blend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (or combination of the two) or 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or combination of the two)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or you can use 1/2 teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, plus an optional pinch of c)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3-1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used grapeseed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (rice milk, soymilk, or other milk alternative will also work, you can also substitute 1 cup of plain)
- 1Into a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin, oil, and egg until homogenous.
- 3Stir in the milk alternative, followed by the flour mixture. Stir until just combined; no need to overmix, a few lumps are okay.
- 4Set that aside and heat a wee bit of oil in a skillet over medium or medium-low heat (depending on how finicky your stove is).
- 5Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into the skillet and cook for roughly 3 minutes per side, give or take. The tops of the pancake will have bubbles breaking at the surface when it is time for that first flip.
- 6Serve topped with leftover cranberry sauce (as I did), pumpkin butter, or the traditional maple syrup.
- 7This batter also works well for waffles.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost Martha’s Pumpkin Pancakes (Milk-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 348.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: