Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe was altered from a place called cookie madness,from someone named Anna.Thanks Anna if you see this!
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup prune puree
- 1 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together sugar, canola oil, egg, egg white and prune puree. By hand stir in flour mixture followed by oats, pecans and raisins.
- Drop by 1/4 cup measuring cup or large ice cream scoop on a baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Dampen back of a spoon or measuring cup and flatten to about ½ inch (cookie do not spread much during baking. Bake 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 10 minutes for dry.
- Bake 8 or 9 minutes or until cookie has set. Let cookies cool completely….they will be soft.