Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been wanting this and I know the restaurant version has tons of fat ans calories in it. So I came up with this recipe. I think it is pretty close, give it a try!
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded,cut in half
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise about 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced thinly,about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced thin lenthwise
Brush on Marinade
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped bottled garlic
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
mix together in small bowl
- 1⁄2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded,mixed with
- 1 dash Mexican seasoning
- 2 low-fat flour tortillas or 2 fat free tortillas (9 inch)
- 4 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- Place the pepper (skin side up) and the sliced onion on foil lined baking sheet.
- Spray the onions with a tiny bit of garlic flavored cooking spray.
- Broil until peppers' skin is blackened.
- Let cool and peel the peppers.
- In the meantime, grill the zucchini on George Forman Grill until it has black marks.
- Set aside.
- Brush the eggplant slices with marinade and place on grill, cook until it has black marks on it.
- Chop all vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Spray a large skillet with garlic no stick cooking spray.
- Heat to medium.
- Place one of the tortillas in the skillet to soften.
- Layer half of ingredients in tortilla, roll up and and place in skillet.
- Brown on all sides and serve with 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
I love grilled vegetables, so I grilled my zucchini and eggplant on my charcoal grill. I enjoyed these wraps very much....can't wait to try them again with a Greek bent...with feta and pita bread! Thanks for sharing. Made for Name that Ingredient tag.
THIS RECIPE IS AWESOME!!! I followed the recipe exactly, except I left out the cayenne and added some ground black pepper to veggies when grilling (personal preference). Oh, and I also used fresh garlic since I always have a massive amount of it in my house:) Served with sour cream and mild salsa. I had this for supper yesterday, and the leftovers are calling me from my fridge. Definitely a keeper. Another reason to LOVE my Foreman grill!!! Thanks, shannon!!