I found this via the net and am posting it in response to a request for it.
Make and share this Almost Like Papa John's Pizza Dough recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt; blend well.
- Gradually add water and oil to mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. By hand, add 1 1/2 to 2 cupa flour until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- On floured surface, knead in 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover loosely with plastic and let rest in a warm place for about 15 minutes.
- Press out dough onto (2) 12-inch pizza pans. Prick randomly with a fork. Let rest again in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush crusts lightly with oil then prebake them in a 450 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Top as desired, then bake again in 450 degree oven for 4-5 minutes, or until desired doneness.