Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this via the net and am posting it in response to a request for it.
Make and share this Almost Like Papa John's Pizza Dough recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt; blend well.
- Gradually add water and oil to mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed. By hand, add 1 1/2 to 2 cupa flour until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- On floured surface, knead in 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover loosely with plastic and let rest in a warm place for about 15 minutes.
- Press out dough onto (2) 12-inch pizza pans. Prick randomly with a fork. Let rest again in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush crusts lightly with oil then prebake them in a 450 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Top as desired, then bake again in 450 degree oven for 4-5 minutes, or until desired doneness.
This is a great recipe as long as you modify it some. I add onion powder, garlic powder, generic italian seasoning, oregano, corn meal and Kraft parmesan and romano cheese to the crust prior to baking it. When I pull the bare pizza crust from the oven I rub olive oil on the outer crust and layer lightly with cornmeal and garlic powder. My favourite pizza is pepperoni, bacon and feta cheese with extra sauce.
Pretty good. Got a good crunch on it. I don't like a sweet dough, so I only used 1tbsp of sugar.
I made this with Papa John's Pizza Sauce (#108447) and was shocked how fast my pizza's got eaten. Normally we only need 2 pizzas and still have leftovers. I doubled the recipe and made 3 large pizza's, they were gone! My mom said it was the first time in a long time pizza didn't give her heart burn. I will definitly make again! I did under cook one since it was on the bottom rack, but it crisped up nice under broil.