Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Honey-brown sugar glaze enhances the natural sweetness of carrots. Flecks of parsley add color and flavor. This recipe is sweet enough to be served as a healthy desert! But I don't suppose the kids would comply... :-) This is a good way to have your "dessert" and eat "healthy" too!
- 4 cups peeled sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried parsley (optional)
- In a saucepan, boil carrots in lightly salted water about 8 to 10 minutes or until just tender; drain well and place in serving dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan; add honey and brown sugar.
- Stir in parsley, if desired.
- Heat thoroughly; stirring until blended.
- Pour over carrots.
- Serve hot.
I love carrots, but sometimes they can be a bit boring and you run out of ways to prepare them. This is a wonderful change! I loved the sweetness of them. I had one lonely green bell pepper in the refrigerator so I chopped it up and added it to the carrots. Thank you for sharing this.
It wasn't as sweet as I was expecting. Eight minutes of boiling and the carrots were VERY soft. I'd blanch them instead of boiling. Doesn't reheat well, either.
These were nice and tasty! :) DD hates carrots, so when she saw I was making them, she started whining. I told her she had to eat at least a few slices. While she didn't proclaim them absolutely fantastic, she did eat them without a fuss, which in my book is a success. These were definately on the sweet side though, and I couldn't eat too many. Luckily I served them with chicken and baked potatos, so the sweetness worked well with the other two dishes. Thanks for posting this! It's a keeper for me. :)