We make a version of lasagna that I call "Almost Lasagna" that is very versatile and easy to make ahead and heat later. Add crusty bread and bagged salad, and dinner is complete! To make the dish even cheaper, buy cheeses, pasta and sauce in bulk at your local warehouse store. Double or even triple the recipe and store in the freezer to bake off later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown meat and drain well, if necessary.
- 2While meat is cooking, stir together eggs, ricotta, grated Parmesan and salt and pepper.
- 3Mix cooked meat, macaroni, sauce and veggies. Add ricotta mixture and blend well.
- 4Coat a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray or olive oil and spread half of macaroni mixture evenly over the bottom. Top with a cup of mozzarella and a healthy sprinkle of grated Parmesan. Add the remaining macaroni mixture and top with another cup of mozzarella and another sprinkle of Parmesan. Cover with foil.
- 5Heat your oven to 350°F and bake the casserole for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes until the cheese on top is lightly browned and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost Lasagna -- $1.50 Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.1
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 185.1 mg
- Sodium 957.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 46.6 g