Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
These sound delicious! They're from a book called From Storebought to Homemade by Emyl Jenkins.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (3 ounce) jar pesto sauce (with olive oil base)
- 1 (5 ounce) jar sun-dried tomato tapenade
- Unroll the triangles of dough and, onto each one, spread 1 scant teaspoon of pesto sauce and one heaping teaspoon of sun-dried tomato tapenade. Re-roll the crescents and place them on a baking sheet. (For appetizer sized crescents, cut the rolls in half--this will make lovely knot-shaped rolls).
- Bake in the oven according to package directions.
Mmm! You can't get much easier than this and on a day like today, that's just what the doctor ordered! My husband and I polished them off a little too fast. Embarrassingly fast. So it's salads for the next 3 days, I'm afraid. *lol* Thanks for sharing, juniperwoman!
I chopped sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed) because that was what I had, but this was delicious. I have tried several fillings for refrigerated crescent rolls, and this was the only filling that overcomes that regrigerated dough taste. DH and I loved them. Could not be easier or better. Thanks a lot.