Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mix the melted chocolate, nuts, fruit and marshmallows together, and just it let it harden in the fridge for an addictive dessert! These make great gifts too!
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricot
- Line a 8" square cake pan or baking dish with a piece of wax paper large enough to fold over the sides. Place the chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over very low heat. Cook the chocolate until it has almost completely melted, stirring constantly to make sure it doesn’t burn(this can also be melted in the microwave). Remove from the heat and let the chocolate sit for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the marshmallows, almonds, peanuts, raisins, and apricots, stir until all the ingredients are coated with chocolate. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, and chill until totally hard, about 3 hours.
- Move the chocolate to a large cutting surface, and use a large serrated knife to cut the chocolate into 1-inch blocks.
- Makes about 36 small squares.
This was SO easy and very tasty. I did have some problems cutting it. I know it's supposed to look "Rocky", but when I cut it, some of the nuts and fruits were falling out and left some pieces kind of holey looking (it rock hard as instructed). I think maybe next time I will coarsely chop the nuts to alleviate this problem a bit. I REALLY want to try this with milk chocolate chips, too. P.S. I used dried cranberries instead of apricots because my store didn't have them. Thanks!