Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is quite a quick sauce, the longest part is slicing the mushrooms. Good when you want something quick but not from a jar or a can.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid; return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, green onions and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in tomato, basil and salt; cook until tomato is just warm, about 1 minute.
- To pasta in pot stir in ricotta cheese and enough cooking liquid to make a creamy sauce.
- Add mushroom mixture; toss. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper, if desired.