Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great quick snack I devised to help me achieve my weight loss goal on the Lean For Life program. It is probably also compatible with South Beach, Atkins and many other eating plans.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon red miso
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tuna bonito flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce, Vietnamese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 6 ounces tofu, cut in cubes
- Mix first six ingredients until miso paste is dissolved.
- Add tofu.
Mmm, mmm, good! Used brown rice miso, doubled the bonito flakes, and subbed the tofu (I was out) with small cooked pasta stars. Also, since I didn't have any chilli-garlic sauce, I added 1 garlic clove and a few dashes of Tabasco sauce. Thank you Soup Queen for a new instant favourite!!!!