Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy as pie, healthy and low fat - and delicious. Who could ask for anything more?
- 1 package frozen cooked turkey meatballs, thawed (I use Trader Joes)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups organic Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- In large soup pan or sauce pan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, orzo, carrots, meatballs and spices.
- Return to boil; reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook at slow boil for 15 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
- Adjust salt and seasonings to taste.
- Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
- 2 meatballs per serving.