Recipe by juniperwoman
These empanadas require no browning of meat, no cooking of vegetables, or anything else time consuming! Instead, you just use refrigerated pizza dough and ingredients straight from the can or jar. The recipe is from Real Simple magazine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 9 tablespoons fresh salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread 1 teaspoon of the oil on a baking sheet.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each into an 8-inch round on a lightly floured surface. On half of each round, spread some of the beans, then top with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the salsa and 2 tablespoons of the cheese.
- Fold over the other half of each round, covering the filling, and press the curved edge with your thumb to seal.
- Lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with the remaining oil, then transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.