These empanadas require no browning of meat, no cooking of vegetables, or anything else time consuming! Instead, you just use refrigerated pizza dough and ingredients straight from the can or jar. The recipe is from Real Simple magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread 1 teaspoon of the oil on a baking sheet.
- 2Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each into an 8-inch round on a lightly floured surface. On half of each round, spread some of the beans, then top with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the salsa and 2 tablespoons of the cheese.
- 3Fold over the other half of each round, covering the filling, and press the curved edge with your thumb to seal.
- 4Lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with the remaining oil, then transfer to the baking sheet.
- 5Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost Instant Empanadas
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 757.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: