Recipe by mandabears
Got this recipe from another web site, yes there are other ones, not as good as the 'zaar. Nice and easy and taste like you worked your little buns off.
Top Review by Amanda Beth
I made these with chocolate cake mix, and they came out so greasy. Plus, since the batter was dark, it was hard to tell when they were done. Most of them were either raw or burnt. I think I will try this again, but with a different cake flavor. I do not recommend chocolate.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces cake mix, any flavor except butter flavored
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, I usually use milk
- 3 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, flour, water (or milk) and eggs.
- Beat on low for 5 minutes until batter is free of lumps.
- In a large deep skillet heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Using a small scoop about 2 tablespoons, carefully drop batter into hot oil.
- Cook in small batches for 5 minutes or until golden brown, turn over in 2 1/2 minutes.
- Carefully remove doughnuts from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners sugar before serving, I use a paper bag.