Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on Real Simple's website, and it looks wonderful! Says realsimple.com, "The perfect cheese fondue is unctuously rich, nutty yet sweet, and as fun to eat as s'mores. Traditional recipes call for two or three kinds of cheese, such as Gruyère and Emmentaler, slowly and carefully melted together and thickened with cornstarch. This 21st-century recipe starts with shredded Swiss cheese and ready-to-eat Alfredo pasta sauce, eliminating the need to grate additional cheeses and whisk in cornstarch. And if you serve sliced fruit in addition to the cubes of bread, your fondue will not only be more up-to-date; it will be healthier too."
- Rub the garlic clove (if using) around the inside of a fondue pot or nonaluminum saucepan, then discard.
- Add the wine and heat to boiling.
- Reduce flame (or stovetop) to low and add the Alfredo sauce, Swiss cheese, and nutmeg.
- Stir constantly until the cheese is melted and very hot.
- Add the kirsch or brandy (if using).
- Serve with cubes of bread, sliced pears, and sliced apples.