I found this on Real Simple's website, and it looks wonderful! Says realsimple.com, "The perfect cheese fondue is unctuously rich, nutty yet sweet, and as fun to eat as s'mores. Traditional recipes call for two or three kinds of cheese, such as Gruyère and Emmentaler, slowly and carefully melted together and thickened with cornstarch. This 21st-century recipe starts with shredded Swiss cheese and ready-to-eat Alfredo pasta sauce, eliminating the need to grate additional cheeses and whisk in cornstarch. And if you serve sliced fruit in addition to the cubes of bread, your fondue will not only be more up-to-date; it will be healthier too."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the garlic clove (if using) around the inside of a fondue pot or nonaluminum saucepan, then discard.
- 2Add the wine and heat to boiling.
- 3Reduce flame (or stovetop) to low and add the Alfredo sauce, Swiss cheese, and nutmeg.
- 4Stir constantly until the cheese is melted and very hot.
- 5Add the kirsch or brandy (if using).
- 6Serve with cubes of bread, sliced pears, and sliced apples.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost Instant Cheese Fondue (Real Simple)
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 110.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: