Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
This recipe is so simple that I hesitated to post it, but it has given me so much joy that I decided to share it anyway. The recipe makes a diner-style grilled cheese in less than three steps, and, better yet, it involves no frying pans and no griddles. How? You use your George Foreman grill! I am almost ashamed to admit that I make this recipe at least twice a week. Sad, I know… :)
- 2 slices white bread (high quality if at all possible, sourdough is great!)
- 1 slice American cheese
- margarine, to taste
- Heat indoor grill. Meanwhile, butter the two slices of bread as if you were buttering toast.
- Put bread slices buttered side out, and, between them, sandwich the cheese.
- When the grill is hot, plop the sandwich on the grill.
- Your sandwich is done when it is golden and puffy, just like a diner grilled cheese! Perfect!
Yummy! I used a stovetop grill pan and loved this simple sandwich. Thanks juniperwoman for a great treat. Made for Cookbook Tag.
Genuine grilled cheese the easy way
My favorite use for my indoor grill is making sandwiches. This kind is my favorite, too! However, I don't butter the bread at all (a nod at trying to be healthy) although I do admit to adding extra cheese. It's wonderful!