Prep 24 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Plan ahead this sauce need to be refrigerated overnight before using
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (can use cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (can use more)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan cook onion in butter until softened.
- Add in all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil stirring.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate overnight before using.
Just finished making this to use in recipe#68969 tonite! The flavor is WONDERFUL! Some minor changes that did not affect the outcome in the least, I'm sure; left out the butter for calorie sake and saute onions and garlic in a bit of beef broth, did use apple cider vinegar, added a pinch of fresh zested lemon. Left out any added salt. I know this will go great in your recipe#68969 tonite...so, thank you for this wonderful find!