Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a super cake, its both easy and fast to make. Great for large get- togethers!
Make and share this Almost Heaven recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix or 1 small regular instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Mix the cake according to the package directions. Bake cake in a 9 X 13 inch pan. While hot poke with skewer or chopstick and pour pineapple with the juice over the cake.
- Mix the pudding, milk and cream cheese, beatnig until smooth. Spread over pineapple layer. Spread whipped topping over top. Sprinkle with the nuts.
Very good and moist. I chilled the cake after applying the pineapple and cooling it. Then beat the cream cheese and added the milk (minus a little bit), then the pudding mix at the end. It set up nicely. I might want to add a tiny bit of another flavor to the pudding/cream cheese, but not sure what that would be. I have to print out the recipe for the group. They liked it too.
I've made this cake several times....for those of you complaining about the lack of flavor, the cake is intended to be refreshing & light. I use Pineapple Cake & Banana Pudding for flavor...such a great recipe!!!
I grew up on this cake! My mom has been making it for years. A little different way though. We make the cake and then put the pudding. Drain the pineapple and spread over pudding mixture. Then cool whip and we use chopped walnuts. My mom always used Lemon cake.