Recipe by Chef 709802
This is a super cake, its both easy and fast to make. Great for large get- togethers!
Top Review by deborah w.
This is awesome and light -- perfect for summer with a glass of mint iced tea!!! - it's kinda a take of on one I used to make - same cake mix but I'd punch holes in mine and pour PEACH juice on it and put it in the freezer and set the peach slices aside I'd take another can of peaches drain them and save your juice for another project or to pour over a fruit salad and blend the peach slices with the pudding, milk (I used a cup and a half) and TWO 8 oz pks of cream cheese etc. (I LOVE LOVE LOVE cream cheese - I could sit and eat a package right out of the foil which is why I'm such an OINKER) ANYWAY I'd blend all that together and spread it directly on the chilled cake - chill again in the FRIDGE and when set just a bit spread a carton of cool whip on top of the cream cheese mixture -- poof it up nice and pretty and use more if you need to to get a nice poofy coverage THEN TOP ALL OF THAT with the peach slices that you set aside earlier --- dot a few maraschino cherries around the peaches just a few for color REFRIGERATE IT AND THEN BEFORE SERVING PUT IT IN THE FREEZER FOR ABOUT AN HOUR -- it's AWESOME AND COLD almost like a PEACH CAKE ICE CREAM I'm sorry I guess i should submit this as a recipe but it's SO similar and you can do this with ANY canned juicy fruit - from black berries to pears - so don't WHINE about the flavor - use your IMAGINATION and MAKE IT a flavor you like!!!!!!! there are LIMITLESS flavors in the spice aisle to make vanilla anything from maple to raspberry to licorice for heaven's sake and fruits out the wazoo to choose from - food is all about YOUR creativeness
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix or 1 small regular instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cake according to the package directions. Bake cake in a 9 X 13 inch pan. While hot poke with skewer or chopstick and pour pineapple with the juice over the cake.
- Mix the pudding, milk and cream cheese, beatnig until smooth. Spread over pineapple layer. Spread whipped topping over top. Sprinkle with the nuts.