Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't remember where this recipe came from but it's good.
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon mrs dash original blend seasoning
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat macaroni
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer until veggies almost done.
- Add pasta and continue cooking until pasta tender.
Mmmmm, great tasting soup :D. had to use white macaroni, white kidney beans and totally forgot the green beans. Even so it was yummy. I might use less pasta or more liquid today (I made it yesterday) today the macaroni had sucked up all of soup. I can't tell you how much I love the fact that this is so good with so little fat.
This is a quick and very tasty soup. I did follow a couple of other reviewers suggestions (purely for ease and quickness, but they work well). I used the stewed tomatoes with celery and I used frozen carrots and peas. The fresh beans were so good in this soup. I didn't have whole wheat macaroni so used regular white and it worked fine. I did find that I had to use a little bit more chicken broth as it is very thick. This soup lover will be making this often. Thanks for sharing your recipe. This was made for ZWT4.
Wow, this is such an easy soup and so flavourful. I skipped the celery and used canned stewed tomatoes. I used frozen peas and carrots too. Even my picky 15 year old ate this. I ending up making this twice in the same day as it was so popular. Thanks for the recipe.