Recipe by Laurielp1
"I came up with this one when I needed something for friends that had special eating concerns. It tastes so good that I make it now for everyone!"
- 1 3⁄4 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter substitute, melted
- 1 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 4 (8 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Mix graham crumbs, butter substitute & 1 tsp splenda, then pat firmly onto bottom & edge of 9 or 10 inch springform pan. Place into freezer until ready to fill.
- In a large bowl mix the cheese, splenda & sugar until smooth. Blend in milk and then drizzle in egg substitute, mixing just until combined. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and let the cake cool in the oven with the door closed for at least 5 hours. NO PEEKING!
- Chill overnight before serving.
- A simple topping idea:.
- 1 cup lite sour cream.
- 1/2 tsp splenda.
- 1/2 tsp almond extract.
- Combine above and spread on warm cake while still in oven, about 1 hour after you turn it off. The heat sets the topping, so smooth it out well.