Before you say-ewwwwww...give this a try. Zero fat!! From Eat Better America. 1 hour is hour chill time..serving size is 2 tablespoons.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cangreen giant reduced-sodium asparagus spears, drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 -6 drops red pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- baked corn tortilla chips, if desired
- In blender or food processor, blend asparagus on medium speed until smooth.
- In medium glass or plastic bowl, mix asparagus and remaining ingredients except tortilla chips.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
It was amazing. I used a little extra cilantro but I can't believe how delicious it was.
This was definitely different. It was ok for us -- I'll probably try it again.
I made this one night to go along with fish tacos. It's a really good thing that this was so low fat, because my B.F. began eating it with a spoon! I didn't mention that it wasn't made with avocados, but he couldn't stop raving on and on about how great my guac had turned out. You gotta try it, no one will ever guess your healthy secret! NOTE: will need to season this more than you usually would with avocados, leave out the hot sauce and use jalapeÃ±os.