Recipe by Bergy
Breakfast for one or double it. Tastes great with leftover ham. The green of the spinach is a nice contrast. Stir fry some red peppers and mushrooms to have on the side. Wholewheat toast Mmmm.
Top Review by Derf
Did these up for breaky this morning, used the cottage cheese and cut the cheddar by half, they were still delicious!! we love spinach, this looks great served on brown toast, thanks Bergy. another tastey recipe!!
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.14 ml milk
- 44.37 ml sour cream (or pureed cottage cheese)
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 59.14 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml fresh spinach, washed,dried and chopped fine
- 0.25 ml thyme
- lite olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Gradually mix the milk into the flour, whisk until smooth.
- add sour cream (cottage cheese), eggs, thyme, salt& pepper.
- Whisk until very well blended.
- Stir in the cheese and spinach.
- Heat skillet, spray with oil.
- Over medium heat pour in the egg mixture, allow to firm on the bottom, with a spatula disturb the eggs and flip so you continually get the uncooked egg on the bottom.
- Do not over cook the eggs.