Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a different kind of dessert. It's so simple, and very yummy. and few people will guess it incorporates soda crackers.
- Line an ungreased 9x13 pan with the unsalted soda crackers.
- Mix together the pudding mixes with the 4 cups of milk. (You don't need to wait for the pudding to 'set' before you use it).
- Spread 1/3 of the pudding on top of the crackers.
- Then top with 1/3 Cool Whip topping.
- Top with a layer of the crackers, then repeat the layering of pudding, and cool whip.
- Repeat the layering once more. (You should have 3 layers of each).
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.
- Serve with pie filling spooned over each slice or use the fresh-fruit mix:
- Fresh Fruit Mix: Place water, fruit, and sugar/cornstarch mixture into a sauce pan.
- Heat til thickened.
- Cool completely, and serve with your Almost French Pastry.
After being introduced to this easy dessert, I have since made it twice now and its soo easy! All time fav for family gatherings!!
Made this for youth group snack and it was a hit. I used strawberries for the fresh fruit topping.
I just had this dessert for the first time at a Quilters' Guild Pot Luck Luncheon. It was awesome! Everyone was searching for the lady who brought it! It is light and delicious without being overly sweet. Just the perfect ending for a great meal and so easy to prepare - I am making a pan to take to another pot luck on Saturday. Thanks for sharing the recipe.