Recipe by Vino Girl
I like the popular flourless peanut butter cookies (several recipes for them are on the 'Zaar), but they are a little too sweet and the texture a little too crumbly for my husband and me. I played around a little and came up with this - these cookies still have strong peanut butter flavor, but are slightly less sweet and are chewier in texture. We loved them.
Top Review by Marie 7
I had a bad experience trying out a low-fat brownie recipe, so I was extremely nervous making these. Wow! I am so glad I made them! These are absolutely wonderful!!! Thank you so much for posting this! My entire family loved them! Next time, I will double the recipe!!! Awesome!
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour or 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sugars, egg, and vanilla together until blended.
- Add peanut butter and flour; mix together just until blended and the mixture has thickened (don't overmix).
- Scoop out dough using a tablespoon and place on a cookie sheet. I line with parchment paper, but it isn't 100% necessary!
- Bake for about 14 minutes or until cookies are set. They won't brown very much. (Please keep an eye on the cookies since my oven is notoriously temperamental, and so your baking time may vary!).
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.