Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
These can be made with blueberries also.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 12 strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray twelve 2 to 2 1/2 inch muffin pan cups.
- Into large bowl, sift flour with soda, powder and salt.
- Into medium size bowl beat egg whites and milk.
- Add sugar, then egg mixture into large bowl.
- With spatula, blend until throughly combined.
- Gently fold strawberries into mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups about 2/3 cups from top.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes.
I really liked the idea of this: love strawberries, love muffins. However, the bottoms of the muffins stuck to the papers and while baking, the strawberries kind of exploded and oozed all over everything. The end result was very jam-like and chewy. I'll finish my batch though-not that bad.