Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A hearty, healthy twist on a classic cookie. Oatmeal cookie with dark chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts and of course cinnamon!
- 18 cookies
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut, shavings
- 1⁄4 cup ground walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup 60% dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons powdered egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together and set aside. In a mixing bowl combine the water and egg replacer, once mixed add the applesauce and mix. Once that is mixed add the sugar, agave nectar, vanilla and cinnamon until well combiined. Add the remaining ingredients of coconut, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spoon dough onto sheet in the size you want the cookies as the dough will not spread with the heat. Bake one dozen at a time for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to cool. store in airtight container.