Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
from "madhuram's eggless cooking" - http://www.egglesscooking.com/2010/07/26/non-fat-fudge-brownies/
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (may substitute other nuts as desired)
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease an 8x8-inch pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl. Melt in increments of 15-20 seconds, stirring after each increment. Be careful not to burn! Once the chocolate is smooth when stirred, allow to sit for a minute or two.
- Add yogurt and sugar to the melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Add this flour mixture and nuts to the chocolate mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Add the water and stir carefully until the batter comes together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until baked through. Allow the brownies to cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
Followed this recipe up until the last part and decided to make brownie bites with it. Used a dozen-size muffin pan and about 1/4 cup per cup used up all the batter. Baked for 18 minutes, let cool for 20 minutes. They came out great. Only suggestion I would have would be to add some vanilla or a pinch of cinnamon to cut the cocoa a little. Will definitely be using this recipe again. :-)