Recipe by Meghan
Have your cake and eat it too without feeling guilty for it!! Incredibly moist and tasty cupcakes that satisfy your sweet tooth without ruining your diet.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (3 ounce) box chocolate pudding mix, not instant
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form.
- In medium bowl combine pudding mix, dry milk, cocoa, sugar and flour.
- In another container, combine vanilla, applesauce, and baking soda.
- With electric mixer, beat dry ingredients, 1 cup at a time, alternating with the applesauce mixture.Beat for 2 minutes after last addition.
- Divide batter equally between 12 paper-lined cupcake cups. Bake at 350° for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in center.
- While cooling, make frostingin a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, marshmallow creme, lemon juice and vanilla until well combined.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar. Frost when cupcakes are completely cooled.