Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Have your cake and eat it too without feeling guilty for it!! Incredibly moist and tasty cupcakes that satisfy your sweet tooth without ruining your diet.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (3 ounce) box chocolate pudding mix, not instant
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form.
- In medium bowl combine pudding mix, dry milk, cocoa, sugar and flour.
- In another container, combine vanilla, applesauce, and baking soda.
- With electric mixer, beat dry ingredients, 1 cup at a time, alternating with the applesauce mixture.Beat for 2 minutes after last addition.
- Divide batter equally between 12 paper-lined cupcake cups. Bake at 350° for about 18 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in center.
- While cooling, make frostingin a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, marshmallow creme, lemon juice and vanilla until well combined.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar. Frost when cupcakes are completely cooled.