Recipe by Manda
I love the combination of textures in this salad. It is very healthy, and has endless possibilities as far as ingredients. You can add snow peas, water chestnuts, broccoli, etc. I serve this topped with chow mein noodles. YUMMY!!!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into flowerettes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3 green onions, sliced (including tops)
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 3 stalks celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sake (or dry white wine)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all vegetables in large salad bowl.
- Combine broth, soy sauce, sake, black pepper, garlic powder, and sugar in small mixing bowl.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Note: If using sake, less sugar will be needed (about 2 Tbsp.); if using dry white wine, more sugar will be needed (about 1/4 c.), or to taste This makes about 2 c.
- If you do not use it all, refrigerate leftovers for use on other salads.