Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 50 mins
Yummmmm! You would never guess that this rich delight is almost fat free! It is perfect for special occasions when you want to impress your guests.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9 inch spring form pan with cooking spray and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over bottom.
- In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg whites with an electric mixer on low speed, until blended.
- Pour filling into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until center puffs and is almost set.
- Remove from oven.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Spread mixture over cheesecake and return to oven for 5 minutes or until topping sets.
- Chill before serving.
A great treat that's almost as satisfying as the original. If you want a goodie without clogging any arteries or adding 500 calories with one small piece of dessert, this is a good one. I made this twice, discovering after my first attempt that the egg whites were not mentioned in the directions and I had forgotten to add them. In the end I added the egg whites along with the other filling ingredients, using 1/2 cup sugar, 3/4 cup Splenda and 6T baking cocoa, turning it into chocolate cheesecake. I also increased the sweetness of the topping, using 3T sugar and 5T Splenda, finding that the extra sweetness hid the slight aftertaste of the fat free dairy.