Recipe by The Savory Truffle
These are nutritious little muffins that I concocted after studying many recipes. They don't get very big, but they're just the right size for a little tasty snack. I love to split them in half and put a teaspoon of natural peanut butter on them. My recipe makes 18 muffins at 80 cals, .5 fat each.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance butter spread
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup natural applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine mashed bananas, applesauce, sugar and egg whites.
- Sift together dry ingredients separately.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet just until combined.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Fill tins half full with the batter and bake for 18 minutes.