I'm completely in love with Auntie Anne's pretzels so when I saw this recipe on the Food Network's website, I had to try it. They were absolutely fantastic and almost a dead ringer for the real thing. My son thanked me three times for making them. Note: I brushed them with butter at the end instead of dipping them, and they were still great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm the milk in a saucepan until it's about 110 degrees; pour into a medium bowl and sprinkle in the yeast. Let the yeast soften, about 2 minutes.
- 2Stir in the brown sugar and 1 cup flour with a wooden spoon. Dice 2 tablespoons of the butter and soften; stir into mix. Add the remaining 1 1/4 cups of flour and the fine salt to make a sticky dough.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding more flour if needed, until smooth but still slightly tacky, about 5 minutes. Shape into a ball, place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm spot until double in size, about 1 hour.
- 4Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and grease a large baking sheet. Punch the dough to deflate it, then turn out onto a lightly flour surface. (If dough seems tight, cover and let rise until it relaxes.) Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Roll and stretch each piece in the palms of your hands into a 30 inch rope, holding the ends and slapping the middle of the rope on the counter as you stretch. Form each rope into a pretzel shape.
- 5Dissolve the baking soda in the water in a shallow baking dish. Gently dip each pretzel in the soda solution, then arrange on the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with coarse salt.
- 6Bake until golden, 10-12 minutes.
- 7Melt the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter in a shallow dish. Dip the hot pretzels in the butter, turning to coat; place on a wire rack to let excess butter to drip off. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce or cream cheese.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost-Famous Soft Pretzels (Auntie Anne's Copy Cat)
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.4
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.5 mg
- Sodium 6145.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g