Recipe by PjD#2
I found this recipe on vegcooking.com and modified it. They are so moist and delish! I add 1 cup of raisins, can also use nuts or chocolate chips.
Top Review by Luxe_Babes
Simple & Quick. Rose very nicely for eggless quickbread & was moist & lightly sweet. Didn't taste chocolate-y despite tripling the cocoa, but had delicious banana taste, which is what I was going for anyway ;) My husband said they weren't muffins, they tasted like a bread, but my boys *loved* them- we had a bunch of ripe bananas and made these two mornings in a row. I'll be trying this again soon with mini chocolate chips instead of cocoa powder- just waiting for the bananas to ripen :) Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour (use less for whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix melted margarine, sugar and bananas together.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt (if using) together.
- Add to banana mixture.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add cocoa, continue to mix.
- If mixture seems dry (due to whole wheat flour), add some of the water.
- Mix in additives. My favorite is raisins!
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- OAMC: let cool and freeze.