1/2 Photos of Almost Cherry Garcia Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 1/3 cup cherry brandy
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Plump the dried cherries by soaking them in boiling water to cover for a couple of minutes.
- 4Drain well and toss with cherry brandy.
- 5Let the cherries sit in the brandy for a couple of hours, or even overnight for the best flavor, then drain before using.
- 6Cream the butter with both sugars.
- 7Blend in the egg, vanilla and almond extracts.
- 8Fold in the salt, baking soda and flour.
- 9Fold in the cherries, white and dark chocolate and, if using, the macadamia nuts.
- 10Batter should be soft.
- 11Drop in generous tablespoons onto the baking sheets, leaving space between dollops of batter.
- 12Bake until lightly browned around the edges, 12-14 minutes.
- 13Cool on racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost Cherry Garcia Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (834 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 49.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried sour cherries