1/7 Photos of "almost" Boston Market Creamed Spinach
This is quite similar to the creamed spinach at Boston Market, well so I'm told anyway! --- this is a great side dish, even people that hate spinach love this, it's great to serve along side a holiday turkey or a ham dinner, or at any meal --- I also like to saute about 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic and a pinch of cayenne pepper in the butter for about 2 minutes before adding in the flour but that is optional, add in some grated Parmesan cheese too if desired, this complete recipe can be doubled :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use seasoned salt)
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat until sizzling.
- 2If you are adding in the fresh garlic and a pinch of cayenne pepper then saute in butter for about 2 minutes but do not brown the garlic.
- 3Whisk in the flour and 1/2 tsp seasoned salt (or white salt) until creamed together and smooth.
- 4Stir in the half and half, or milk (if using) a little at a time.
- 5Increase heat to medium and constantly whisk until the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
- 6Remove from heat; set aside.
- 7Place 2 tbsp butter in saucepan over med heat; add the 2 tbsp minced onion, and cook until transparent.
- 8Add spinach and water to pan, lower the heat, and cover.
- 9Stirring several times until the spinach is cooked.
- 10When the spinach is almost done, add the prepared white sauce, sour cream and Parmesan cheese (if using).
- 11Stir well, and simmer until completely blended.
- 12Season with more seasoned salt or white salt if desired and black pepper.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "almost" Boston Market Creamed Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.8
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 581.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g