Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made this to rotate my food storage. I purchased my cheddar cheese powder from bulkfoods.com.
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese powder
- salt, to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Melt butter in saucepan used to cook noodles.
- Add noodles, milk, cheese powder and salt to butter.
- Mix well.
This was great! My kids wanted me to make more immediately. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great, not too runny. I know there are several cheese powders available, I used cheddar cheese powder available at our local bulk food store.
Maybe it was my cheese powder; maybe it was me, but this just didn't thicken up even to the 'blue box' stage. I wound up having to put a slice of regular cheese in to thicken it somewhat so it wasn't soup. We still had to eat it in bowls. I was excited because I was looking for something new to do with my cheese powder. It did have a fairly nice flavor, but then again, cheese and pasta just can't help it. Thanks for the recipe, but this won't be added to my arsenal. Sorry.