Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another family favorite that lends itself to easy variations -- tweak the taste to complement the day's main dish by your choice of herbs. You probably have all these ingredients handy in your pantry and refrigerator. I swear the kids would eat this every day if I'd make it that often. I can't personally vouch for freezing it, but I know that it reheats well in the microwave after being refrigerated. Cooking time is mainly cooking the pasta.
- 1 lb pasta, cooked (any type)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh herbs (see Directions for suggested combinations) or 1 -2 teaspoon dried herbs (see Directions for suggested combinations)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Saute garlic in butter or olive oil with herbs until garlic is soft but not browned.
- Toss with hot pasta, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Herb suggestions: Italian seasoning. Fresh or dried basil. Fresh or dried Rosemary. Herbs de Provence. Fresh or dried basil and oregano in combination. Fresh or dried parsley. Fresh or dried parsley, oregano, and basil. Italian seasoning with a pinch of crushed, red pepper. Fresh chives. Fresh parsley and fresh chives.
- Tip -- Dried herbs, especially rosemary, may benefit from being re-hydrated in a tablespoon of water or white wine.
Quick, easy and tasty! This is a great side dish!! Thanks for sharing!! I have 4 kids and a picky husband and they all asked for seconds!
Juat what I was looking for. Light but flavorful. I used a combo of fresh and dried herbs and quite a bit of parmesan :). Yum! Thanks for posting.
I'm eating a bowl right now this is epic awesomeness pasta! put some red pepper flakes in it and it made i so good!