Another family favorite that lends itself to easy variations -- tweak the taste to complement the day's main dish by your choice of herbs. You probably have all these ingredients handy in your pantry and refrigerator. I swear the kids would eat this every day if I'd make it that often. I can't personally vouch for freezing it, but I know that it reheats well in the microwave after being refrigerated. Cooking time is mainly cooking the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pasta, cooked (any type)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh herbs (see Directions for suggested combinations) or 1 -2 teaspoon dried herbs (see Directions for suggested combinations)
- 1/4-1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Saute garlic in butter or olive oil with herbs until garlic is soft but not browned.
- 2Toss with hot pasta, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- 3Herb suggestions: Italian seasoning. Fresh or dried basil. Fresh or dried Rosemary. Herbs de Provence. Fresh or dried basil and oregano in combination. Fresh or dried parsley. Fresh or dried parsley, oregano, and basil. Italian seasoning with a pinch of crushed, red pepper. Fresh chives. Fresh parsley and fresh chives.
- 4Tip -- Dried herbs, especially rosemary, may benefit from being re-hydrated in a tablespoon of water or white wine.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost As Simple Pasta With Parmesan, Herbs, and Fresh Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 119.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: