1/10 Photos of Almost Apple Pie
While this recipe is good any time it is the first one requested when the fall apples ripen. It was passed to me by a family member. The recipe calls for an 8x8 deep baking pan. Family member uses a corning ware casserole dish for the baking which makes for a lovely dessert. I often bake it in a pie plate and when cool slice and serve as you would pie. Using white sugar in the crumb crust has it so tasting like pastry. Quick and easy to make. NOTE - recently found this recipe from an old family cookbook is called aunties 'Old Fashioned Crumb Cake' and calls for baking in a 425 oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until brown and crisp. Just made it and found baked at the higher temperature it very like an apple crisp - an absolutely delicious version of Almost Apple Pie and another great apple dessert to serve family and friends. Ovens vary - I used a slightly lower oven temp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk the crumb mixture together and pat half the crumb mix into an 8x8 baking pan.
- 2Slice apples into a large bowl, add the dry ingredients, mix gently and place filling over the crumb base.
- 3Put the remaining crumbs over the apples and pat in place.
- 4Bake in a 350 oven 40 to 50 minutes or till nicely colored, times vary from oven to oven.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.7
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 179.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 42.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g