Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Delicious! From Mastercook II, a CD-rom.
Make and share this Almost-A-Meal Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 large bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, combine browned and drained beef, onion, and tomatoes with liquid, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Spoon into a greased 3-quart casserole.
- Layer the potatoes, flour, corn, lima beans and green peppers on top.
- Cover and bake at 375F for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese and continue baking, uncovered, for 30 minutes longer.
- Notes: Very good for preparing ahead of time. To reheat, place foil loosely over top and reheat oven for about 20 minutes.