Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Not a George Foreman Recipe but one I was delighted to find on the net at meals for you. I have a broken stove. I have a grill machine. Hey.. what can I say? Tofu anyone? I would recommend dark sesame oil and use much less than the 2 tsp.
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons other oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mirin or 1⁄4 cup sweet rice wine
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lb firm tofu, cut into 1 inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients minus tofu and mix. Then add tofu.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes. Overnight or 24 hours is best. the longer you marinate the stronger the flavor.
- Preheat grill machine.
- Remove tofu from marinade and reserve marinade. Arrange tofu steaks on hot grill.
- Close cover, cook 2 minutes. Brush with marinade, close cover, cook another minute.
- Note: this is not a problem with the tofu and the marinade. You can do so with this because of the products involved. Still be careful. Place in refrigerator to marinate.