Recipe by JLBurnell
mmmm... I love candy- especially some that is home made! You'll also need to add some time for chilling.
Top Review by Serri in Montana
I've made this many times. I got my recipe from taste of home. These are fantastic and quickly disappear. they aren't hard to make, and if you goof up the layering process, it doen't matter. the pretzel salt is great with the sweet. no one will be disappointed in this recipe.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 4 chopped trail mix bars (The s'mores kind)
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, combine dough and trail mix bars. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and marshmallows. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to brown. Sprinkle with walnuts; arrange pretzels over the top. In a small saucepan, melt the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and butter; spoon over bars.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Transfer to a small plastic bag; cut a hole in a corner of the bag. Drizzle chocolate over bars. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm before cutting.